ANNOUNCEMENT: The Mahwah Library is open to the public with limited services Please read the following rules before visiting.
1. Face coverings that completely cover the mouth and nose are required while in the Library. Masks, bandanas or scarves are acceptable. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask or appropriate face covering, we will provide service via home delivery and curbside pickup only.
2. Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet from other patrons and staff at all times. We have placed floor stickers near all service desks as a reminder.
3. No one under age 14 may enter the Library without a parent, guardian or other responsible adult who will supervise their behavior while in the Library.
4. In order to comply with Executive Order 157, restricting occupancy to 25% of normal capacity, no more than 50 patrons are allowed in the Library at one time. Only three members of a household may enter at one time.
5. No more than two people may occupy a quiet study room at the same time.
6. No individual may remain inside the Library building for more than one hour. Staff will ask you to leave if we notice you staying longer than an hour.
7. Public computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes. We will not grant extensions at this time.
8. Outside furniture may not be brought into the Library.
***In addition, we ask that all returned items be placed in the book return bin near the rear entrance. We are quarantining all returned items for three days after they’re returned so please be patient if there’s a delay before items are removed from your account.***
Thank you for your cooperation, we look forward to serving you!
Love the Library!
Libraries make people HAPPY
Safety first! Slow the spread. Stay home. Read books!
Be a Library Advocate
The Friends help the Library in many different ways. Members support the Library’s cultural and fund-raising programs, represent the Library at community events, and help us promote community awareness of Library services. It’s easy to join. Annual memberships start at $15, although larger contributions are gratefully accepted.
Our next Friends of Mahwah Library Meeting will be rescheduled when the library reopens.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The health of the Mahwah community, our patrons and staff is our highest concern.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Mahwah Public Library closed to the public on Friday, March 13, and will remain closed until further notice.
Although the library is closed to the public, we are working from home to provide services. Staff are transitioning programs and events to virtual meetings, hosting jiggly wiggly and story times for children from home, registering patrons for cards, providing access to eBooks, movies, TV series, and other online services, and answering your questions via email. Let us know how we can help you and your family during these difficult times.
The COVID-19 outbreak is a rapidly changing situation. Please check our website, Facebook page, social media and email newsletters for the latest updates.